Which is the best virtual private server hosting service for you?
A web hosting service provider houses your website. This host determines how you’re your website loads; it determines if your website will be online whenever your visitors look for you, and it also determines whether your website will function efficiently if you have a substantial overnight spike in traffic to your site.
Therefore, you must research and only select a web hosting service when you’re convinced that the web host will meet your needs.
Research and due diligence will force you to choose between the shared, dedicated, or the virtual private server (VPS) hosting.
Dedicated hosting is definitely the best of the best, and it offers the best hosting amenities for high-traffic websites, no questions asked.
It is, however, expensive. Shared hosting, on the other hand, is user-friendly, and it’s quite affordable.
However, a shared hosting plan often means living with a slow and inflexible service that lacks the power and the level of functionality your business needs.
This analysis leaves you with one option, VPS hosting.
This hosting option is more than your basic shared hosting plan, it offers significant benefits, and though it’s not as robust as having the dedicated server hosting, it’s as close as having dedicated hosting.
Contents In Page
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS hosting or virtual private server refers to a virtual server.
In the VPS hosting environment, the hosting services are set to mimic hosting from dedicated servers with the only difference being the fact that hosting takes places within a somewhat shared environment. You could think of it as web hosting in dedicated shared servers.
Note, however, that unlike shared hosting, virtual private server hosting gives you control over operating systems, apps and extensions installed and every other setting.
While the physical servers your website is hosted is shared among a few other VPS clients, the number of clients sharing the server is less than the number of sharing clients in shared servers.
Also, a VPS hosting plan allocates you a good share of hosting resources like storage space, RAM, and the CPU cores, for your use alone. Therefore, a VPS plan could mean having the capacity to handle traffic spikes.
It’s also worth mentioning that the VPS plans come with standard tools such as the cPanel. You need the cPanel for monitoring your site and also for configurations.
Note that even with access to a cPanel, the best VPS hosting providers manage the servers and the website. They will monitor your site for things like crashes and then fix these issues as soon as they detect them.
List Of Top 10 VPS Hosting By Rank
|RANK||VPS HOSTING||PRICE||REVIEW||VISIT SITE|
|Visit Bluehost Offer Page|
|Visit HostGator Offer Page|
A2 Hosting Review
|Visit A2Hosting Offer Page|
|4||InMotion Hosting||★★★★★ 4.9|
InMotion Hosting Review
|Visit Inmotion Hosting Offer Page|
|Visit DreamHost Offer Page|
|Visit GreenGeeks Offer Page|
|Visit iPage Offer Page|
|8||Liquid Web||★★★★★ 5.0|
Liquid Web Review
|Visit Liquid Web Offer Page|
|Visit HostWinds Offer Page|
|Visit HostPapa Offer Page|
How much is VPS hosting?
Well, the cost of hosting varies from a few dollars per month to hundreds of dollars. The price changes depending on the VPS plan you choose – a factor dependent on your web hosting requirements.
There has been an increase in demand for VPS hosting over the last few years. To meet the ever rising demand, the number of companies offering the hosting service has increased.
Unfortunately, the increase in web hosting companies makes it harder for consumers to pick the best VPS hosting provider to meet their needs, hence this review.
We’ve been where you are – confused and frustrated because the web hosts around seem to market the same thing, and frustrated because our previous web hosts failed to live up to our expectations.
So, to save you the same agony, this article is a comprehensive review of ten of the best VPS hosting service providers.
- Top 10 Best Web Hosting
- Top 10 Best WordPress Hosting
- Top 10 Best Cloud Hosting
- Top 10 Best Dedicated Server Hosting
- Top 10 Best Website Builders
Besides pricing, we’ve reviewed their performance, security, intuitiveness, as well as the resources allocated.
Check our all web hosting deals & Reviews.
Here Is List Of Top 10 VPS Hosting
Bluehost is that web hosting service provider that easily allows you to create highly functional, attractive, and super-stable pages for your website.
Though it’s known well for the WordPress hosting services, it’s one of the best VPS hosts on the market.
Its VPS hosting service gives you all the extra power you need on the days that you have traffic spikes, and you might also like it if your industry or line of business requires you to meet specific compliance requirements like the ones that prevent you from running your online business using the shared servers.
This VPS hosting plan works like a shared hosting plan, but it gives you more control, and the hosting service is more reliable because the servers are shared between a few sites.
Also, you’ll be guaranteed a specific amount of server resources that allow you to take on hits without crashing.
Bluehost is one of the best hosting services around boasting great performance and reliability thanks to the use of solid-state disks (SSDs).
They also allow multi-server management, which means that you can add your space without any restrictions.
Should you opt for the Bluehost VPS hosting service, you will get to choose from their three-tiered, Linux-based VPS hosting services.
- The hosting services range from $29.99 every month under the standard package to $119.00 in their Ultimate plan.
- The standard plan gives you access to 30GB solid-state storage, unlimited data transfers, and 2GB memory while the Ultimate package gives you 120GB solid-state-storage, unlimited data transfers, and 8GB RAM.
The use of a KM Hypervisor gives you guaranteed access to resources at all times.
Bluehost also provides unlimited data transfer services on most of the plans offered.
The only catch, however, is that the company has a CPU Protection plan – this is not as great as it sounds – you don’t have complete autonomy when it comes to the use of the servers, and if your site exhausts the allocated resources repeatedly, your site will be denied access to extra resources.
Unfortunately, Bluehost does not provider Windows-based VPS hosting services.
This limitation means that if you wish to migrate or build a site based on the ASP.NET framework, you’ll have to look for a host offering Windows-based hosting. Use our Bluehost Coupon to get extra discount.
- Great uptime of 99.98%
- The interface is easy to use
- It comes with a Weebly website builder
- 24/7 customer support
- Hosting comes with a free domain
- Great WordPress integration
- No Windows-based servers
- No cloud hosting plans
- Only one dedicated IP address
- Small storage space allocated
- CPU throttling
Also Read: Bluehost Review
Click Below Button to Visit BlueHost Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From BlueHost at Very Low Price.
HostGator is a one-stop shop for all your website hosting services. It offers shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting services affordably.
With businesses searching for a reliable hosting that’s more budget-friendly, HostGator’s hosting service is one of the most recommended hosting plans. Thanks to the host’s 24/6 access to customer support, you can access the best of VPS hosting at any time.
Some of the features of this hosting plan include the customized installations, as well as the configurations that are geared towards your personal preferences.
Also, the company boasts completely autonomous servers. Thanks to this autonomy, your website’s security is enhanced. Also on data security is the fact that HostGator makes use of RAID 10 disk configurations.
Besides autonomy, HostGator is known for its reliability, which comes from its multi-layered security network. These networks use different bandwidth providers too.
And as a top-tier web host, their hosting plans are scalable, allowing you to meet the growing demands of your business effortlessly.
- The hosting plans offered include Snappy 2000, Snappy 4000, and Snappy 8000 going for monthly rates of $79.95, $119.95, and $149.95 respectively.
- The basic plan, Snappy 2000 gives you 2GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, 120GB disk space, and 1.5TB bandwidth while the premium plan, Snappy 8000 provides 8GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, 240GB disk space, and 3TB of bandwidth.
Note that you get to enjoy significant savings if you commit to their 3-year plans. Use our HostGator Coupon to get extra discount.
- Reasonably priced
- Variety of hosting plans
- Works for novice users
- It comes with a website builder
- Excellent uptime
- Great customer services
- It doesn’t offer Windows-based hosting
Also Read: HostGator Review
Click Below Button to Visit Hostgator Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From Hostgator at Very Low Price.
If you’re looking for customer-centric web hosting service provider that’s reliable, you might want to try A2Hosting.
This web host is one of the few web hosting service providers that offer Windows and Linux-based server hosting. Having the two options is a great thing – if you’re building your blog for the first time or if you are creating a basic website, you will get through the web creation processes faster when using the Linux-based servers.
In the basic Linux plan, you will access 1 website, unlimited storage, unlimited data transfers, a maximum of 5 databases, SSD storage, a free SSL certificate, as well as A2Hosting’s unique anytime money back guarantee.
Note that the basic Windows plan also offers features similar to those offered in the Linux plan, but it also comes with a different control panel, the Plesk Onyx 17.8.
The other basic features include access to 25 email addresses, one-click installations for WordPress, and free site migration. You’ll also access Joomla, Drupal, B2Evolution, PHPBB, SMF, CubeCard, and BlogEngine one-click installs.
Some of the features offered by A2Hosting include root access, free backups, as well as unlimited email accounts. For the web pages to load faster, the web host also gives CloudFlare ServerShield.
Regarding their performance and reliability, A2 Hosting promises a remarkable uptime of 99.90%, and with the company recording an overall downtime of not more than 9 hours in a year, it means that this web host offers an uptime rate of 99.95%.
In most cases, this is as good as it gets. It’s also important that even though you never want your site to go down, the world is not perfect and you will experience some downtime.
You might also like the web hosting services offered by A2Hosting because of the reliable customer support, the ease of use, and the value for money.
It’s also important to note that the VPS services are managed or unmanaged. The managed VPS services start from $33 while the unmanaged VPS hosting services start from $5.
One of the managed server solutions for VPS hosting is Core VPS, which starts from $50 monthly in the standard package. Use our A2 Hosting Coupon to get extra discount.
- Great customer services
- High uptime rates
- Secure and safe
- Reliable hosting
- Windows-based and Linux-based web hosting plans
- No free domains offered
Also Read: A2 Hosting Review
Click Below Button to Visit A2Hosting Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From A2Hosting at Very Low Price.
4. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is one of the most reliable VPS hosting service providers on the market. It’s feature-packed, but its main issue is the fact that it does not offer Windows-based hosting services, only Linux-based.
Under its VPS hosting plan, your site doesn’t have to compete for resources with hundreds or thousands of other websites as is the case with shared hosting, and this means an improved website performance.
- The hosting plans are tiered, and the basic plan will set you back $41.64 monthly.
- On the other hand, the premium plan will set you back $154 every month. Note, however, that despite the slightly expensive hosting plans, you will get reasonable resources.
- The premium plan gives you access to 8GB RAM, 260GB storage space, and 6TB of monthly data transfers. You’ll also access unlimited domains, email, websites, as well as MySQL databases.
It’s also important to mention the fact that InMotion Hosting offers managed and self-managed VPS hosting services.
Under the managed hosting option, you will also get a security and management update plan, which gives you peace of mind since the experts handle the technical stuff.
The self-managed hosting plans, on the other hand, will cost less, but by acting as a blank slate, it often means that the company has to figure out how to go about the management of the servers.
The self-managed plan will, however, come with essential server tools, DDoS Protection, and secure SSH keys.
Most clients opt for managed VPS services, which are three-tiered. The basic plan costs $39.99 per month, the intermediate plan costs $79.99 per month, and the premium plan goes for $144.99 per month.
The prices also vary depending on the RAM. There are 4GB, 6GB, and 8GB tiers. Use our InMotion Hosting Coupon to get extra discount.
Note that all the plans offered come with a 90-day money back guarantee.
InMotion Hosting services also come with a unique feature, the Unlocked CPU Cores function. With this feature, you get to spread the processing loads across all the CPU cores on a server instead of relying on one or two cores.
This function is beneficial as it boosts your performance, especially around the tasks that call for heavy simultaneous processing.
There is also a feature called Launch Assist, which gives you 2 hours’ worth of free time with the server administrators.
This feature allows you to change your domain setting, migrate the database or WordPress files, or you could use the time to configure the cPanel.
- 24/7 live chat customer support
- Reliable uptime
- All plans give you access to unlimited emails
- 90-day money back guarantee
- No Windows-based servers
Also Read: InMotion Hosting Review
Click Below Button to Visit Inmotion hosting Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From Inmotion Hosting at Very Low Price.
DreamHost VPS hosting is one of the cheapest VPS hosting service providers. It meets the different needs of clients thanks to its 4 Linux-based VPS hosting plans. The basic plan starts at $13.75 per month.
All the hosting plans offered by the company work well for individuals and businesses that need a lot more power than what if offered by the shared hosting plans.
One of the attractive features of DreamHost’s VPS hosting is unlimited access to monthly data transfers and free domains.
- The catch, however, is that you will have to pay for the data transfer with the low storage and base storage. For example, that $13.75 monthly package will give you access to 1GB RAM and only 30GB of SSD storage.
- You might, however, want to choose the premium plan since it offers more value for money. For $110 per month, you will enjoy 8GB RAM and 240GB SSD Storage.
Use our DreamHost Coupon to get extra discount. You should also remember that the DreamHost VPS hosting plans only work for the Ubuntu Linux operating systems.
- Access to unlimited monthly data transfers
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free domain
- The basic plan offers very little value for money
- No live chat customer support
Also Read: DreamHost Review
Click Below Button to Visit DreamHost Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From DreamHost at Very Low Price.
Will this green hosting company keep you and your business as happy as it keeps the environment?
Greengeeks is a rising start in the world of web hosting, and it boasts some of the best VPS hosting plans. But, offering great plans is not all that you can expect from this web host.
Going by the name, Greengeeks is a green web host that values the environment more than the rest of us. It’s 300% powered by green/ renewable energy.
In simple terms, this means that Greengeeks returns at least three times the total wind power credits to the environment compared to what they use. 300% represents approximately 600,000kilowatts annually.
But, taking care of the environment is not the only thing that this company is good at. Greengeeks is a pretty decent web host that offers the best VPS web hosting services with cPanel/ WHM and SSD.
All the virtual private server hosting services are super-fast, very reliable, and scalable.
The pricing is reasonable and tied to the amount of RAM you need.
There are four plans that offer different features.
- The basic plan is a 1GB RAM plan that costs $39.95 monthly. This plan gives you 25GB of SSD RAID 10 storage space, 4 CPU cores, and 1,000GB of premium bandwidth.
- The next plan is the 2GB RAM plan that goes for $59.95 per month, offering 50GB of SSD RAID 10 storage, 4 CPU cores, and 1,500GB of premium bandwidth.
- The 3GB RAM plan foes for $79.95 per month and it gives you access to $75GB of SSD RAID-10 storage space, 4 CPU cores, and 2,000GB bandwidth.
- The premium plan is a 4GB RAM plan that will set you back $99.95 per month while allowing you access to 100GB of SSD RAID-10 storage, 4 CPU cores, and 2,500GB of premium bandwidth.
Use our GreenGeeks Coupon to get extra discount. Greengeeks VPS hosting comes with several features including free migration services, full root access, free domain reseller account, and a VPS management control panel. It also comes with an annual $200 cPanel/ WHM license.
The company also promises a 99.9% uptime, and it comes with a free website builder. For reliable performance, this host also offers free CDN integration, daily (nightly) file backups, free SSL certificated, and excellent customer support.
- Live chat support
- Budget-friendly plans
- Good uptime rate
- Free migration
- Free website builder
- Daily data backups
- Plans only suitable for small businesses
- Relatively expensive and you have to commit to a 3-year plan for the pricing listed above
- Only suitable for Linux users
Also Read: GreenGeeks Review
Click Below Button to Visit GreenGeeks Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From GreenGeeks at Very Low Price.
iPage is one of the best low-cost VPS Hosting service providers you might want to try. The web host also offers advanced customizations that comes through its root access system. The customization on this host also supports propriety applications and software.
This web host also offers cloud-based VPS hosting services to give you flexibility.
It also offers excellent migration options which are integrated quite seamlessly into the web host, allowing for instant provisioning which gives your site scalability in case your business’ grows or falls.
The company also offers flexible rates in three-tier plans – basic, business, and optimum.
- The basic plan costs $24.99 per month, and it gives you access to 1GB RAM, 1 core CPU, and 40GB disk space, as well as 1TB bandwidth. The business plan also offers affordable rates at $59.49 per month.
- The business plan gives you access to 2 core CPUs, 4GB RAM, 90GB of disk space, and 3TB in bandwidth.
- If, on the other hand, you have a big business, then you could opt for the Optimum plan that goes for $99.99 per month. Under the optimum plan, you will have access to 8GB RAM, 4 Core CPUs, 120GB of disk space, and 4TB of bandwidth.
Use our iPage Coupon to get extra discount. Note that you will receive free one-year domain registration, access to a cPanel, and CentOS 6.4 under all the three plans.
You will also access and enjoy free root access, free SSL security, and free backups
- Fairly high uptime
- 1-year free domain
- Excellent customer support
- Relatively expensive
- Low uptime compared to its competitors
Also Read: iPage Review
Click Below Button to Visit iPage Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From iPage at Very Low Price.
8. Liquid Web
If you’re looking for a VPS web host offering the highest-quality web hosting service, and you don’t mind a higher price tag, Liquid Web is your right fit.
Liquid Web represents a premium web hosting service provider that’s known for its high-quality managed hosting solutions.
While the services offered cost more than what is offered by other web hosts, the company ensures that you get great value for your money.
- The cheapest plan offered by this company will set you back $59 every month, but with it, you will enjoy 2GB RAM, 40GB storage, and 10TB bandwidth. Clearly, this is a lot than you get from other web hosts.
The web host also boasts several configuration options, and you’ll get to select different options for configuration such as CentOS 6, Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8, or Ubuntu 16.04.
There also are options of management such as Plesk, cPanel, and CloudLinux, among others.
Being a managed server product, the host supports your base operating system. It has a reliable technical support team that will resolve problems as soon as they’re detected.
The other administrative tasks performed by the web host include network management, hardware management, service monitoring, and restoration, as well as running security updates and fixing patches. Use our Liquid Web Coupon to get extra discount.
They also offer cloud-based VPS services.
Some of the features offered include:
- Built-in backups
- An integrated firewall
- Gigabit transfers
- Unlimited websites
- Protection from DDoS attacks,
- CloudFlare CDN
- Dedicated IP addresses
- Server secure advanced security measures
- Plesk Onyx or cPanel/WHM
- Reliable customer support
- You can upgrade your plan in seconds
- It also offers a 16GB plan – other web hosting providers do not offer this
- Top-notch options for configurations
- High-quality services and features
- No Windows-based servers, only Linux
Also Read: Liquid Web Review
Click Below Button to Visit Liquid Web Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From Liquid Web at Very Low Price.
If you’re looking for a VPS web host that meets the needs of your business, regardless of size, or rather one that takes care of the needs of different businesses, you might want to try Hostwinds.
This web host offers a wide range of hosting plans to meet your needs. The plans are also budget-friendly and generally cheap.
- Speaking of plans, the basic low-tier plan offered by Hostwinds costs $9.89 per month when you first sign up, although the price goes up to $10.99 upon renewal.This plan gives you 1GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth, 30GB storage space, and access to 1 CPU core.
- Its top-tier plan, on the other hand, will set you back $31.40 monthly ($34.90 upon renewal) and it will give you access to 100GB storage space, 6GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, as well as 2TB of bandwidth.
- If these plans and the intermediate ones fail to meet your needs, you could opt for any of the other plans from tier 5 to tier 10. Tier 10 comes with 96GB RAM, 750GB storage space, 9GB bandwidth, and 16 CPU core processors. This tier costs $339.29 per month upon sign up and $376.99 upon renewal.
Use our Hostwinds Coupon to get extra discount. Besides having ten tier options, you might also like the Hostwinds VPS hosting services because all the plans offered come with great configuration options. Also, it works with Linux and Windows-based servers.
This host also boasts the highest redundant uptime for the network at 99.9999%.
- Excellent uptime
- Widest range of hosting plans
- Excellent configuration options
- The low-tier plan is a bit underpowered
Also Read: HostWinds Review
Click Below Button to Visit HostWinds Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From HostWinds at Very Low Price.
If you need a VPS host that can handle the needs of your high-demand website effortlessly, you might want to try Hostpapa.
But first, you should look beyond the promotional rates offered because they will change after the first month. Overall, the hosting services cost between $49.99 and $299.99 per month.
The hosting plans are tiered, as is the case with other web hosts.
The offered plans include Plus, Pro, Premium, Ultra, and Extreme.
- The Plus plan gives you access to 4 CPU cores, 1.5GB RAM, 50GB of SSD storage, and 1TB bandwidth for $49.99.
- The Pro plan goes for a monthly rate of $79.99, and it gives you access to 4 CPU cores, 100GB of SSD storage, 3GB RAM, and 2TB of bandwidth.
- The Premium plan gives you access to 8 CPU cores, 6GB RAM, 200GB of SSD storage, and 2TB bandwidth at a monthly rate of $149.99.
- Under the Ultra plan, you will access 8 CPU cores, 500GB of SSD storage, 12GB RAM and 4TB bandwidth for $199.99 per month.
- The final plan is the Extreme plan that costs $299.99 per month and gives you access to 24GB RAM, 12 CPU cores, 1TB SSD storage, and 7TB of bandwidth.
Use our Hostpapa Coupon to get extra discount. Beyond the pricing, this web host offers reliable hosting services, and it boasts a remarkable uptime of 99.97% correlating to a general downtime not exceeding 3 hours annually.
The main features of this hosting service include access to free website transfers, the use of CloudFlare CDN, free SSL certificates via Let’s Encrypt, 24/7 support, and a cPanel control panel. They also offer one-on-one training, and the plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The other features offered include free domains, easy management with cPanel or WHM, and root-level access, among others.
- Large RAM size and storage space
- Unlimited emails and domains
- 24/7 customer support
- Intuitive cPanel, as well as root-level access
- High-end security features like server firewall, Brute Force Detection, RAID redundancy, DDoS Protection, and FTPS, etc.
- Excellent uptime
- No free backups
- The plans are expensive
Also Read: HostPapa Review
Click Below Button to Visit HostPapa Discounted Offer Page & Get Hosting From HostPapa at Very Low Price.
Choosing The Right VPS Hosting
The cost of a hosting plan is important, but it is not the only thing that you should consider before subscribing for hosting. There are other important things to consider, such as:
- Solid-state drive (SSD) storage – this is an important consideration because SSD storage options boost site speeds.
- Server management – even though a self-managed VPS hosting sounds appealing, it might not be the best option for you when you have limited resources, which is why we recommend the managed VPS web hosting services.
- Root Access – root access means that the web hosting service will allow you to install any software as you like, and you also get to modify files without any restrictions.
- Linux or Windows – most of the VPS web host support Linux and not Windows
- Instant Reboot – almost all web hosts offer instant reboots, but some are not as instant as you’d like them to be.
- Uptime – anything above 99.90% is fairly good
- Security and data backups
- Management features
Check our all web hosting deals & Reviews.
If your business is constantly growing and shared hosting is no longer an option, or if you cannot use shared hosting for security reasons, but you cannot afford dedicated hosting, VPS hosting comes to the rescue.
This hosting option is often an excellent fit, but you first need to check the features offered by a web host against your needs before you choose one web host and not the other.
The best VPS hosting service provider will meet your security, performance, storage, and traffic needs at a price you can afford.
So, check the CPU power, storage, RAM, security, email capabilities, domain hosting, and monthly data transfers/ bandwidth/ traffic. Also, web hosts that offer website builders are preferable.