Do you want to earn from their blog passively using Google AdSense?
Well, you are not alone.
A huge percentage of the blogging world is looking into using Google AdSense as the simplest route to earning passively.
The sad news, however, is that very few of these bloggers actually have their accounts approved, let alone earn from the worldwide marketplace that is Google AdSense.
Looking at success stories, Google AdSense is profitable. And this begs the question, why wasn’t your account approved and what could you do to have your account approved?
Good news: this article outlines everything you need to know and do for your account to be approved.
So, let’s get right down to it:
Contents In Page
The Google AdSense Approval Process
First things first, the approval process is a lot harder than it was in the past. In spite of the process not changing, it takes a lot from you for Google AdSense to approve your blog for running of ads.
Often, a rejected application is not about you missing something in your application, but your site’s failure to meet some of the quality requirements.
This is because, contrary to popular belief, the approval process and the review of your site is manual and not algorithmic. You are pleasing (or displeasing) humans rather than robots.
With that out of the way, let’s look at the approval process before we explore the eligibility criteria and the list of things you need to do to get your account approved.
According to the Google AdSense website, you need three things to get started: A Google Account, Content curated from scratch, and your contact details.
In detail, the approval process follows these steps:
- Register your Google AdSense account on the website.
- For registration, you need to give your Name, Website’s URL, and your address.
- Once your account is confirmed, you log into your account where you will receive your Google AdSense codes.
- After you get the codes, you’ll be required to wait for between 1-2 weeks to receive your website’s final review and for the approval of your account.
Sounds simple, right?
Unfortunately, it is not that simple. For your account’s approval, you have to meet their eligibility criteria.
The Eligibility criteria
These are of the things you should have for your account to pass the review and approval processes
Own a website
For your participating in Google AdSense, you must own a website which you’ll use to attract advertisers and users to your blog.
You need to own the website whose URL you give in your application because you’ll be required to edit your HTML source code then submit it to AdSense. You will not get to place the AdSense code if you submit the URL of a site you don’t own.
Note, however, that submitting a website URL for your own account is not enough. Your site must adhere to some strict AdSense policies, as well as terms and conditions.
These policies include:
- That you will not click your own ads to create invalid impressions and clicks
- You will not incentivize people to view or click on ds
- Your content will not violate the Google AdSense terms regarding prohibited content
- You will not (publisher) place ads on pages that give abusive experiences
- You will include authorized inventory, only
- You will not publish ads on sites with copyrighted content
- You will not display ads on sites that offer counterfeit goods.
Create Great/ Original content
In the world of ad-targeting, content is critical. For Google AdSense to work as effectively, it crawls all your web pages for content; then it delivers ads based on the content found.
If your blog has limited content, it means that the AdSense crawler will have a hard time finding the right information, and the ads displayed might not be relevant to your content.
It is, therefore, important that you create compelling web content. Ensure that your content is targeted to get relevant ads on your site.
Keep in mind that creating content-rich pages results in the generation of highly-targeted ads which increase user engagement boosting clickthrough and the conversion rates.
Even though this is an integral part of the eligibility criteria, it pays to ensure that your content is the best. In other cases, accounts have not been approved because of poor or plagiarized content.
Your site should be at least 6 months’ old
In some cases, your account’s approval could fall through if your site is not more than 6 months old.
Note that the site is required to have been fully active for those 6 months.
This step was taken to ensure that the quality of this advertising network is maintained and to protect the interests of publishers and advertisers who are already on the site.
You must be of legal age
At the time of applying for a Google AdSense account, you must be at least 18 years old. If you are under 18 when applying for the account, an adult has to apply for.
The only catch is that the adult will be responsible for all taxes, if and when due.
For your account’s approval, the reviewers also check the aspects of your site like:
- The number of web pages and the quality of content on the web pages. If you are thinking of buying articles, you shouldn’t. And, if your website has categories, you should only apply if you have at least 25 posts in one category.
- Optimization of the website. Your account will not get approved if it’s not optimized. What we mean is that you cannot write about anything and everything. Your site should be about one thing, and the content must be relevant to that topic. Your topics should be as narrow as possible.
- You must build traffic because traffic, especially organic traffic is what you need to make money. So, if your site has little traffic, don’t bother applying yet.
- Invest in your website’s design by getting a premium WordPress theme and a customized logo. Often, free themes carry malicious codes, and others have spammy links.
- Build backlinks and link out to helpful/ authority sites.
Finally, you need to make sure that your site has easily navigable pages.
We are talking about correct alignment, readable text, and functional web elements like drop-down menus.
And, to reiterate, your pages should have interesting and unique content.